[Zope3-dev] Re: RFP: menu item ordering

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Dec 12 13:59:03 EST 2003

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Thinks that are clearly not views imo are things like undo,
> security grants, and, oh, say, approval.

To me it's not so clear.. Whgat are your criteria?

I can come up with a few possible criteria for such non-views:

  * such a..perspective..is offered on any content object; it's always
    available

  * the UI is not specific to the content object (unlike edit)

  * the state of the content object itself is influenced by this
    view (but annotations can be)

But these are all flawed ones.. 'approval' for instance seems to be
specific to the content object as each content object could have a different
workflow. It's also not always present. 'edit' can also be pretty generic
if it's based on schema information. Metadata does not influence the state of
the content but the state of annotations, so is it a view?

It'd help if you could describe your criteria distinguishing
view from this 'non-view' thing..

Regards,

Martijn