[Zope3-dev] Re: Are the demo products broken in MS4?

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Sat Dec 13 00:09:54 EST 2003

Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Friday 12 December 2003 22:56, Barry Pederson wrote:
>
>>>Are you positive? I just updated my Zope and tested the step1 from CVS
>>>and it worked just fine.
>>
>>This is what I was seeing with the original test_messageboard.py (comments
>>at the end) ...
>

> When did you last check this? I just checked out a fresh HEAD and used the CVS
> version of step1 (also fresh check out) and everything works great. I also
> checked the test module and it looked ok.

I re-cvs updated it and re-checked it right before sending that message.
Looking at my zope/app/container/tests/test_icontainer.py file it shows:

   $Id: test_icontainer.py,v 1.6 2003/09/21 17:30:43 jim Exp $

which looks like it matches what I see in the cvs web interface

http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/src/zope/app/container/tests/test_icontainer.py?rev=1.6&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Looking at the BaseTestIContainer class, the test_get method for example
calls self.getUnknownKey(), and I really don't see where that method could
be coming from when using the sample code from the wiki.

I did a

     grep -r "def getUnknownKey(" *

from the Zope3/src directory, and only find 3 instances - the one in the
test_icontainer.py Test class, and two others in
zope/app/content/tests/test_folder.py and
zope/app/services/tests/test_auth.py - but I don't think they apply.

Does your BaseTestIContainer class have any calls to self.getUnknownKey()
and can you figure where that method's defined in your setup?

	Barry