[Zope3-dev] Re: Security-geddon

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Dec 14 22:22:15 EST 2003

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know a rough estimate about when the security-geddon
> is bound to happen.

Probabky within the next 2 months.

> I've been playing a bit with the security
> machinery today, basically trying to disable all of it to see how fast
> Zope could fly and noticed that disabling proxies and checkers is
> relatively hard,

There is no intention to get rid of these.  I do plan to optimize them
quite a bit and I think I can make them go much faster.

 > although plugging a new security policy is almost
> trivial.

The main changes planned are to:

- Factor all of the security-policy related code into separate packages
   (in zope.products).

- Create a new ZSP implementation that uses a centralized storage
   for grants.  I think that this will speed up checks quite a bit.