[Zope3-dev] Need some advice ...

Nicolas Évrard nicoe at altern.org
Fri Dec 19 11:41:55 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

A bit about me first, I'm working with python for 2 years now and I
relly enjoy the cleanness of this language, I discover Zope there's one
year and thanks to that I enjoy web developping (even writing (x)html).
As you surelly have notice I'm not a native english speaker so I really
have a bad grammar and a bad spelling, I'm sorry ! :)

And now for the fun stuff ...

I'm thinking about porting an application I've done to the web and why
not to zope3 instead of zope2 (really like the new concept, clean
separation of content and presentation and so on).

Basically this applications is an addressbook/agenda manager wich uses
sql as the stockage area. Everything is working nice and the wxGUI is
there.

But I'm wondering how I should implement this in the component
architecture. Surelly I should create 5 Content Components (Abook,
Contact, Place, Company, Meeting) but how can I interact with the
existing module ?

Should I use and adapter to provide the informations needed to the
components ?

Should I use a service to help my components access/modify the
information via the existing modules ?

I hope I'm not bodering you with that since zope3 is still in
development stage and you surely have some more urgent to do.

Thanks.

--
(°>  Nicolas Évrard
/ )  Liège - Belgique