[Zope3-dev] Simplifying Zope 3 and creating a foundation for the future

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Dec 23 11:16:16 EST 2003

Sometime soon, it will become harder to refactor Zope 3.
So, I'm taking the opportunity to refactor agressively now
while we can.  I'm trying hard to get things clean so we
have a solid foundation to build on.

A major thrust of this is to simplify things.  I'm really happy
with the simplifications performed and enabled by recent geddons.
For example, in

   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ComponentArchitectureSimplification

we are eliminating most services.  We are reducing component management
to a few key component types.

This will be a guiding principle as we move forward.