[Zope3-dev] service names

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 01:25:23 +0000 (UTC)

Jeffrey P Shell  <jeffrey@cuemedia.com> wrote:
> Oooo, Good example!
>
> I found this handy once we started doing this with CMF Permisssion
> names, and even now I'm more prone to use the AccessControl.Permissions
> module to avoid the fear of getting spelling, punctuation, and
> capitalization correct, even for 'View'::
>
>      security.declareObjectProtected(Permissions.view)

Yeah, at one point some wiki product had 'Add Documents, Files, and Images'
instead of 'Add Documents, Images, and Files' :-)

Or witness in CMF the difference between 'Add portal content' (correct)
and 'Add Portal Content' (incorrect). Using an imported AddPortalContent
is just safer.

So +1 on using variables.

Florent