[Zope3-dev] service names

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:38:58 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:
>   What is currently Events should become Publication.
>
> Any opinions from the rest of zope3-dev ?

Wow, that's a radical change.  I'd like to understand how the event
service has become the publication service.  I understood the event
service to be a low-level service.  It's the "router" in a network of
events, with arbitrary types of events.

Publication, on the other hand, means two things in Zope:

- Accepting, acting upon, and responding to a request over a protocol.

- Making a piece of content available to a wider audience.

The latter use may involve events, but not all events involve
publication.  How do you see it?

Shane