[Zope3-dev] ComponentLookupError

Joel Boehland joel@memes.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:18:53 -0800

Hello,
<disclaimer>
I am new to this list, and new to zope3.
  I have just started exploring the code
and documentation while trying to "grok"
how zope3 works.  Anyhow, this is just a
long way of saying that I'm not a
hard-core developer, and if this isn't
the proper forum, just point me to the
right place.
</disclaimer>

On with the question. :-)
So I have the latest zope3 from cvs as
well as the alpha that was released a
couple weeks ago. In both of them, when
browsing to the /manage url, using the
following browsers:
1. Linux (RH 7.2) + Mozilla 1.0
(Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US;
rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020607)
2. Linux (RH 7.2) + Netscape 4.78
3. W98 + IE 5.5

I get an error page:
ComponentLookupError

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module zope.publisher.publish,
line 129, in publish
     * Module zope.publisher.browser,
line 609, in traverse
     * Module zope.publisher.http, line
435, in traverse
     * Module zope.publisher.base, line
234, in traverse
     * Module
zope.app.publication.publicationtraverse,
line 56, in traverseName
     * Module
zope.app.traversing.namespace, line 71,
in namespaceLookup
     * Module
zope.app.traversing.namespace, line 228,
in view
     * Module zope.component, line 106,
in getView
     * Module zope.component.view, line
61, in getView

ComponentLookupError: (<security proxied
zope.app.publisher.browser.viewmeta.ManagementViewSelector
instance at 0x8aacc64>, 'contents.html',
<type 'type'>)

However, It works fine when browsing
from W2000 + IE 5.5. For some reason
zope.component.view.GlobalViewService.queryView()
returns null when requesting from the
above browsers. I tried running zope
under pdb, and stepped through a couple
good and bad requests, but couldn't see