[Zope3-dev] service names

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:52:13 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Casey Duncan wrote:

> This makes sense to me as well. I don't consider two word names to be too
> verbose...
>
> I find myself hemming and hawing about names all the time, and nine times out
> of ten I settle on a two word name that just says what it is. Many times one
> word is just not descriptive enough.

Well, that's quite natural: you can't make software that fulfills all
needs for everything, that fulfills specific needs for everything, or that
fulfills all needs for specific things.  But you can make software that
fulfills specific needs for specific things.  Two words fit that pattern.

My verbosity filter engages at three words. :-)

Shane