[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/ZConfig/tests - test_schema.py:1.10.2.1

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <lists@andreas-jung.com>
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:59:13 +0100

--On Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2003 09:55 +0000 Toby Dickenson
<tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 13 February 2003 6:01 am, Andreas Jung wrote:
>
>> >   - The "backmerged" changes obscure the intent of the branch:  it is
>> >     now impossible to use the CVS machinery to tell just what changed
>> >     on the branch.
>>
>> Sometimes backmerging is necessary when the HEAD has changed a lot and
>> when you are not able/allowed to merge stuff back to the HEAD.
>
> In this case I prefer to create a new branch from the current head, merge
> the  old branch into it, then forget about the old branch.

This creates new noise as well. Adding a new package like Docutils creates
a dozen
or more new mails.

-aj