[Zope3-dev] Possible Jargon change wrt the things accesses via tabs in the UI

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:48:29 -0500

Hi,

We have a bit of a jargon clash involving the word "view".
Classically, in the Zope UI, we've had a concept of alternate tabbed
"views" on an object. Zope 3 still uses this notion in it's UI. There is
a tabbed interface. Selecting different tabs select different pages
for viewing an object.  Zope 3 also has a "view" component type.

I wonder is we can't find a better name for the UI concept, which is a page
accessed via a tab.  Does anybody have any ideas? "section"?