[Zope3-dev] Possible Jargon change wrt the things accesses via tabs in the UI

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:15:22 -0300

-1 for 'section': it suggests agreggation, which is the wrong concept

I think 'tab view', suggested by Fred Drake, is ok.

'web view' would also make sense.

I like 'aspect' or 'facet'.

Here is a quote from the American Heritage=AE Dictionary of the English=20=

Language, Fourth Edition:

Synonyms: phase, aspect, facet, angle, (2)side
[...] Aspect is the way something appears at a specific vantage point:=20=

considered all aspects of the project. A facet is one of numerous=20
aspects: studying the many facets of the intricate problem. Angle=20
suggests a limitation of perspective, frequently with emphasis on the=20
observer's own point of view: the reporter's angle on the story. Side=20
refers to something having two or more parts or aspects: =93Much might =
be=20
said on both sides=94 (Joseph Addison).

I like these two definitions for 'facet' (from dictionary.com):

- One of numerous aspects, as of a subject
- One of the numerous small eyes which make up the compound eyes of=20
insects and crustaceans ;)

Cheers,

Luciano