[Zope3-dev] April Zope3 sprint in Louvain-la-Neuve Belgium

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:10:50 +0100

First I want to apologize for the cross-post, but this message
is concerning both lists.

As some of you already know, a Zope3 sprint is organized in
Louvain-la-Neuve(LLN) Belgium, April 8-11 2003 by BubbleNet offices.

First topic targetted was I18n.

Currently, I have the candidature of at least one IngeniWeb developer
(Pierre-Julien Grizel, Olivier Deckmyn or Kamon Ayeva - two could come)
and of Florent Guillaume (Nuxeo).

As 1) there was a lot of enthusiasm :-( and
2) Stephan Richter could not join us, Jim decided to focus PyCon sprint
on I18n.
This allows us to widen the focus of LLN sprint (without forgetting I18n
work).

Paul Everitt and I would like to propose to also work on XML integration
in Z3 framework (this means at least looking how to integrate XSLT and
XMLSchemas).
We are willing to be sparkles on this project so that interested people
could take the lead as we are already working on Z3MI.

This mail is thus an invitation for XMLers to join Zope 3 development,
with the opportunity to get a Z3 tutorial (see
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/SprintSchedule).

If enough people are coming to LLN to work on XML, Paul would join us
(he'll decide how many is enough ;-).
He takes the engagement of writing the description of at least one way
people would/could like to use XML in Zope. This could be the basis for
our work.

Please contact me ASAP if you want to join us.

--
Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl
Louvain-la-Neuve Belgium