[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths

Troy Farrell troy@entheossoft.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:29:05 -0600

Wow.  I had no idea that I started a thread...  I read the list in
digest mode, so I'm now seeing the damage ;)

I'm glad to bring this to your attention and I look forward to seeing
the resolution.  All I can say so far is that I like the idea of keeping
scripters from dealing with ++ and @@.  The tal:namespaces is kind of
neat, though could also seem strange in xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <dailyverse verion="0.5"
               xmlns="http://studyshare.net/dailyverse/"
               xmlns:tal="http://namespaces.zope.org/tal"
               tal:namespaces="zope http://namespaces.zope.org/zope">
     <verse tal:content="here/zope:this_that_and_the_other"/>
   </dailyverse>

Nah.  Nevermind.  It looks fine :)  I'll be reading.  Thanks for all
your effort.

One other thing comes to mind.  I know that you develop all these things
with specific target audiences in mind.  I just thought I'd mention how
I've tended to approach software.  I start out as your basic user, then
migrate to greater understanding (maybe power user), then finally on
toward adminstrator and eventually developer.  Sooner or later, I'll be
getting into the guts to build products, but I (like most people) like
to get the "quick and easy Hello World" stuff done first.  Hence my
initial email...

Thanks.
Troy