[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:53:13 -0500

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> But I would suggest that people's dislike for the TAL and METAL
> namespaces may not apply here.  "tal:" and "metal:" are like Python
> builtin names, in that they should always be recognized, whereas this
> new feature is more like a Python import statement, in that the
> namespace declaration gives the template access to some special feature
> of the system that might not always be available.

... I mean to say that the namespace declaration gives the template
access to some special feature of the system that page templates don't
provide directly.  (Availability is a separate issue.)

Shane