Better access to APIs in paths (was Re: [Zope3-dev] needing views clues - template/title troubles)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:08:06 +0000

Stuart Bishop wrote:
> For ZPT (which I think deserves a special case because of its target
> audience):
>     <h1 tal:content="dc:context/title"/>

+1

> or for a shortcut to the most common case, just
>     <h1 tal:content="dc:title"/>

-10,000

This is exactly the kind of shortcut that makes DTML such a PITA.

> Will be more familiar and explainable. API -> prefix mappings specified
> in the
> config files, and can be overridden by properties on the page template
> object
> (or possibly with a new <html tal:ns="dc IZopeDublinCore"> TAL tag.

Like this a lot.

> understanding
> the magic Perlish syntax a requirement of as few Actors as possible IMHO.
> Preferably none at all, with any '++@@' gibberish being generated by
> Zope or
> helper methods. I know I'd be turned off if I saw this sort of thing in a
> 'Hello World' equivalent.

I'd prefer to see absolutely no perl-like gibberish. I really like the idea of
using namespace-ish things :-)

cheers,

Chris