[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths (was Re: needingviewsclues - template/title troubles)

Stuart Bishop zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:42:50 +1100

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 08:22  AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

>> I really don't think that the declaration adds anything but ceremony
>> in your example.
>
> I agree.  But is it really safe to declare the extra-short acronym
> "sf" for all Zope users everywhere?  A lot of people would think of
> Sourceforge, since "http://sf.net" redirects you to sourceforge.net.

I think that all shipped-with-zope stuff should be collapsed into a
single 'zope:' namespace where appropriate. The only things I can think
of that will ship with zope3 but shouldn't go in there are the Dublin
Core bits, as it is important to demonstrate that the definitions of
this metadata is per the Dublin Core definitions (which is important to
me, since I'm dealing with Dublin Core, ONIX, Docbook and others all
with important-to-my-app differences in their definitions of something
simple like 'title').

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/