[Zope3-dev] Tests hanging due to ZEO

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:44:32 -0500

> Have had to suspend testing of Zope 3 in addition to the Zope
> HEAD as the ZEO
> tests are currently hanging the testing process.
>
> There's more discussion of this on zope-coders@zope.org.
>
> Please let me know when this hanging has been fixed and I'll
> restart testing.

Chris,

I really can't help debug the problem if you don't tell me what exactly is
happening.  We've run these tests on RH Linux 7.3 and Windows 2k, and didn't
see any hangs there.  It's not completely surprising that they hang -- lots
of processes getting created and waiting for each other -- but we need to
know more about what's going wrong to debug it.

A good start would be to run the ZEO tests in isolation, in verbose mode:
    python test.py -bvv zeo

What happens when you do this?  The output should show each test as it is
run and should show tracebacks for any failed tests.  What's the last test
that runs before the hang?  Do you see any errors?

Jeremy