[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths (was Re:needingviewsclues - template/title troubles)

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:35:53 +0200

> This is an amazingly good point and a very good reason to go for
> namespaces IMNSHO...

IMVHO, I'd like to deposit my 2c in support of the principle that
"TAL namespace == XML namespace". There could be a non-XMLish
registry to look up Zopish things, but if there *are* namespaces
and namespace:like notation, it would be great if you could reason
about them as XML namespaces. The whole issue  (heterogenous,
decentralised, extensible, reusable, composable namespaces) is a
thorny one, and XML deals with it. To deal with it again in a
slightly different way would painful.

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za