[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:16:24 -0500

Tres Seaver writes:
 > Maybe I'm just being dense, but can't we solve the "default namespaces"
 > issue by defining the defaults in the 'main_template', in which *every*
 > "normal" Zope page template will wrap itself?  Then people who want to
 > re-bind the defaults, or add new ones, will just customize that template
 > (or the macro which defines the namespaces :).

No, not quite.  The namespace declarations need to be present in each
document that references them; each of them is parsed separately.  The
fact that we're generating one document from several (the page sent to
the user from a pile of templates) doesn't change the fact that
parsing of the sources are separate.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>