[Zope3-dev] Changing Default Port in Zope3

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:04:23 +0000

complaw@hal-pc.org wrote:
> Is there a (new) way to change the default port number in Zope3?  I've loaded
> Zope3 on a "Sandbox" that has a running (needed) version of Zope 2.4 on port
> 8080.  I want to try Zope3 on it, but not at the expense of bringing down the
> 2.4 server (with many users having the port number set in their Favorites).

In your zope directory, copy zserver.zcml.in to zserver.zcml.
Then, edit zserver.zcml. At the end of the file, you'll find lines like
this:

      <startup:addServer type = "Browser" port = "9000" verbose="true"/>

You can edit these, or remove these to remove servers you don't want
running.

Eventually, this kind of configuration will not be done in zcml, but in
the same kind of configuration file that Zope 2.7 is getting.

> If you think the current release of Zope3 is too unstable to risk on a
> semi-production box, please let me know.

Yes, if you don't know it intimately. It might eat all your CPU, for
example.

--
Steve Alexander