[Zope3-dev] Re: [Python-Dev] Holes in time

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:10:43 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>Now, for current time zones, the C lib is a good source
>>of information, so I don't see why you wouldn't want to
>>use it.
>
> It seems you haven't been following this discussion.  The issue is not
> how to get information about timezones.  The issue is, given an API
> that implements an almost-but-not-quite-reversible function from local
> time to UTC, how to invert that function.

I am not talking about how to get the current timezone; the
C lib APIs provide functions to convert between local time
and UTC -- that's what was referring to. Local time is all about
timezones and DST which is why conversions between UTC and local
time always have to deal with timezones and DST.

> Please go read the datetime Wiki before commenting further in this
> thread.

Sorry to have bothered you,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg