[Zope3-dev] Re: [Python-Dev] Holes in time

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 10:03:43 -0200

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 05:04:18PM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
| > One downside is that then you can't expect normal programmers to write a
| > correct tzinfo based on the C libraries.  They'll never get it right.
| > :-)  It would have to be supplied with Python.
|
| This is one of the reasons against it; we can't possibly supply
| timezone implementations for every country, so we really need people
| to write their own.

Specially when the daylight savings time is not always fixed like in
Brazil, where last year the govt simply decided that it would start
in a different date to save something like 0.001% more energy :)

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

This login session: $13.76, but for you $11.88.