[Zope3-dev] Re: [Python-Dev] Holes in time

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 12:13:45 -0500

[M.-A. Lemburg]
>> It's also possible (easy) to create tzinfo subclasses that model
>> only EST, or only EDT, but they seem less useful in real apps.

[M.-A. Lemburg]
> In that case you should follow the standard way of using
> the name of the locale to define your timetz subclasses,
> e.g. EasternUS, CentralUS, etc.

I don't care what people call their classes.  Remember that datetime
supplies no tzinfo subclasses.  If a user wants some, they have to supply
their own, and can use any naming convention they like.  Eastern was just an
example (not part of the 2.3 distribution).