[Zope3-dev] Local Utility-Service and persistent Utilities

Ulrich Eck ueck@net-labs.de
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 10:55:33 +0100

Hi Jim,

>> I would basically start with adapter-service as template, add specific
>> configuration-code,
>> use the ImplementorRegistry (made persistent) to store
>> Utility-configuration
>> and build a TTW-Config-screen.
>
> Right. Internally, you'll have a PersistentDict from utility name,
> to ImplementorRegistry objects for each name.
>
>> What else should i take care of when start working on this issue ??
>
> You'll need a searching UI as in the adapter service.
>
> This is not a small task. :)
>
> If you need this for workflow, I'd be willing to do it for you so
> you can focus on workflow.

The first project i need local-utilities for is to finish the task
schedule, that i'm still working on (it runs as service right now,
but as you mentioned it should be an utility). we need persistent
utilities for workflow to configure the Stateful-Workflow for content
types for example.

I cannot completely overview the amount of work that is needed to
implement local-utility-service and persistent-utilities, but i'm
willing to help.

If your time allows, you could start with the basics and I'll help
as needed. if you're busy, i'll start working and get back to you
when i need help ..

Ulrich Eck
net-labs Systemhaus GmbH
Ebersberger Str. 46