[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Questions

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 13:05:35 -0500

I looked at the latest Zope 3 today and suddenly felt like a Zope 3
newbie. :-)   I was happy to see it works, but I encountered a lot of
surprises.  So if someone wouldn't mind, please help me find the answers
to a few questions:

- Why does the first line of the UI say "Global elements"?  Assuming
it's a label that's not supposed to be visible, what kind of "global
elements" are planned?

- Why are services in packages?  This is not what I envisioned for packages.

- Why so many 1-pixel-wide lines?  They interrupt visual flow.  Why
don't we use normal-looking buttons and controls?

- I can't remember the difference between a service being "registered"
and "active".  I know only one service of each type can be active, but
what does it mean for a service to be registered yet not active?  And
what does it mean for a service to exist but not be registered?  Why not
just delete unregistered services?

Please don't interpret these questions as criticism.  I think I just
need to realign my expectations.

Shane