[Zope3-dev] zope3.org?

Jon Whitener wmmail@twmi.rr.com
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:52:24 -0500

As a Zope user (and not a developer), I agree with Chris and those who think the Zope 3 Web presence should lie within the current zope.org.

Zope users, and importantly prospective users, already face problems finding the information they need to learn about Zope.  (Most of us start at Google.com instead of Zope.org.)  Branching off the new version of Zope software to another domain scatters that information even more, literally and psychologically.  I believe there is an important value in having a single "horse's mouth" where people can go when they want Zope's own docs, etc.

It may be easier in some respects to start with a clean slate with zope3.org, but in doing so, it seems you're abdicating the responsibility of "fixing" zope.org.  I, and many other users I'm sure, would much rather see the overhaul of zope.org instead of "jumping ship" and starting again.

Furthermore, we'd all benefit from your experiences as you upgrade zope.org from Zope version to Zope version.

FWIW,
Jon Whitener
Detroit Michigan USA