[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3.org?

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:14:26 -0700

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 07:10  AM, Paul Everitt wrote:

> andy wrote:
>> Some of the reasons for using Zope 2 for Zope.org would seem to be
>> the same as are being proposed for Zope 3: a chance to use new
>> technology, experiment and test. These are not the right reasons for
>> launching a new site.
>
> Truer words were never spoken.
>
> Until we can prove to be good parents for zope.org and the dogbowl, we
> shouldn't launch any new *production* sites.  Particularly with
> experimental software.
>
> I'd like to find out some way to use Zope 3 in a production setting,
> but it doesn't seem realistic without a far different operational
> approach than the current sites.
>
> I'm also curious: there's all this energy for a zope3.org, why isn't
> it being directed at zope.org?  Like a couple of people in this
> thread, I worry that zope.org is the neglected cousin that nobody
> wants to invite to family functions. :^)

I've been asking on here for a couple of weeks now that very question.
Well, not *that* very question, but just wondering when we could start
doing Zope 3 advocacy on Zope.org.  I think it's something that has to
be done carefully, so as not to detract from ongoing Zope 2 acceptance.

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2002-December/004067.html
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2003-January/004668.html