[Zope3-dev] Proposed jargon change: placeful -> local, placeless -> global

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:53:15 -0200

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:46:06PM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:

| I propose the following Jargon change:
|
|   - Objects whose use or behavior depends on their location in
|     the object system are "local" (rather than "placeful").
|
|   - Objects whose use and behavior are independent of their location in
|     the object system are "global" (rather than "placeless").
|
| I think "local" and "global" are clearer, easier to say and less cute, and,
| thus, preferable.

+1

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
you want.
		-- D. Cohen