[Zope3-dev] Links styling

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:25:37 -0500

> - Some of us think we could keep it as it is now with links underlined only
> when passing mouse cursor over.
> - Some of us would like all links always underlined.

That's me.

> - Some of us think we should only underline links in the content box (as
> opposed to other links seen as in the control area)
>
> I have checked in alternate stylesheets.
>
> You can see their effect by going to View menu of Mozilla. You have there a
> Use style submenu giving you access to the three proposals hereabove:
>
> Basic Page Style
> All links underlined
> Content box links underlined

Cool!  Too bad it doesn't stick when you click on a different link.

Also, one thing I really hate about CSS is that it's too easy to mix
sizes in pixels with auto sizes, and then boxes will overlap.  That
happens here in a number of places when the window is too narrow.  It
should get a horizontal scroll bar if it really doesn't fit, but first
it should try to fold text rather than make it stick out of the boxes.

Examples:

- The tree widget in "navigation" can have long name
  (e.g. ++etc++Services) that don't fit if the window is too narrow

- When showing the configuration
  (/++etc++services/Packages/default/configure, the service boxes
  stick out of their surrounding box on the right

- Ditto for the content listing of the default package.