[Zope3-dev] IMPORTANT RFS: Through the Web Site Development

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:12:34 -0500

On Monday 13 January 2003 07:36 am, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I've written some science fiction documentation:
>=20
>    http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ThroughTheWebSiteDevelopment
>=20
> that sketches out a model for site development in Zope 3.
>=20
> I really need feedback on this. Comments are more than welcome.
> Feel free to comment here or on the wiki page.

This to me seems like a huge diversion to handle a few special cases and=20
reinvent something we can already do through Python, ZCML and ZPT on the =
file=20
system.=20

The curmugeon in me sees a lot of technology in here to reinvent somethin=
g=20
that we as a community have spent (and continue to spend) a lot of time a=
nd=20
energy debunking.

In more concrete terms, do we we really need this for Zope 3.0? Or is it =
just=20
a potential "nice to have"?

-Casey