[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Packages vs Python Packages

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:16:16 -0500

Shane Hathaway writes:
 > "Bundle" might be OK, but it weakens the meaning of the "open" and
 > "closed" modifiers.  You open a closed package to make changes to it,
 > then close it again to avoid making accidental changes.  Opening a
 > closed bundle doesn't have the same ring.  Maybe that's OK anyway.

Actually, opening and closing a bundle works for me.  Another
possibility would be to use the verbs "bundle" and "unbundle", but
that changes the meaning too much, I think.

 > Maybe "wrap" the bundle?  Oops, that might conflict with context and
 > security wrappers.

That sounds like we're adding another layer on the outside of an
onion.  If you wrap it too many times, it won't smell as nice.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation