[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Packages vs Python Packages

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:35:55 +0000

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> At 16:09 16/01/2003, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Chris Withers writes:
>>  > Ugh! Is it only me who see's the potential for huge amounts of
>>  > unnecessary confusion?! Python got Package first, why not call the
>>  > Zope 3 things 'bundles'.
>>
>> No, you're not alone.  You just have more time to think about it than
>> some of us, judging from the email traffic.  ;-)
>

> I am totally with Chris about the potential confusion between Python and
> Zope3 packages.

+ 1

It took me a while to understand this proposal simply because I was
thinking python packages when it said persistent packages.  Next day it
was suddenly clear, because I wasn't so tired.  There's no excuse not to
use unambiguous terminology.