[Zope3-dev] FYI: Moztop, the not-dead-yet mini-release

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:15:44 +0100

Howdy.  Stephan and I (along with Gus, Jan, and Sidnei) have been
working on getting the Moztop moving forward.  Really, Stephan has done
most of it.  We have a mini-release called 0.3 ready at:

   http://www.zope-europe.org/projects/moztop/

Note that this isn't really meant to be installed and used, as it is
still baking.  You can tell us a thousand problems, all of which we're
probably pretty aware.  The purpose is simply to keep folks informed
about the general idea.

Which is why you might be more interested in the QuickTime port of
Moztop, available at:

   http://www.zope-europe.org/projects/moztop/graphics/

If your purpose is simply to answer, "What's that?", then watch and
listen to the movies.  Popcorn, yummy.  If instead you want to
contribute, subscribe to the list and do a checkout.

Next steps for us are to rewrite everything, now that we've learned a
lot, then:

   o Remove the things that will lead to an unhappy first experience

   o Experiment with weird ideas for Jim's TTW Development proposal

Ciao.

--Paul