[Zope3-dev] Knowing our users

Gregoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:29:04 +0100

A quick survey in the restaurant after our user group meeting last
wednesday gave the following result (12 peoples):

   - 3 people wouldn't have begun with Zope without ZClasses (they
     began before books existed!) Reason: You get results fast!

   - 3 or 4 peoples said that they evaluated Zope by using a book,
     made an example with ZClasses but never used them later. They
     also said: There must be something you get results fast and
     there must be good documentation or better a book including
     at minimum a tutorial how to write own products.

   - 4 said, they had a look at ZClasses but didn't use them,=20
     because they don't like coding by clicking around. They all
     program python products or only use zope as frontend for=20
     another database (Oracle).

   - 1 or 2 said that they just had a look at Zope and read a lot
     about it and eventually use Plone in a project

Conclusion is up to you!

Gregoire

At 02:31 14.01.2003 +0100, Gregoire Weber wrote:
>Wednesday evening we have a Zope User Group meeting at Zurich,=20
>Switzerland.
>
>If I have enough time I would like to make a questionnaire=20
>with questions like that. So we can get a better picture of
>the situation.
>
>So supply me with good questions!
>
>Gregoire

Gr=E9goire Weber