[Zope3-dev] Links styling

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:45:58 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>/++etc++Services/Packages/default/ErrorReportingService-1 which are not
>>wrappable.
>
> I don't mind seeing spaces in there if it helps wrapping.

One thing though: it's really, really nice to be able to double-click
identifiers (or paths, or code) in docs or web-UI's and paste them
straight into a search box (or browser location bar, or commandline),
without having to fiddle with spaces or linebreaks.

For an application end-user, wrapping to save the UI would would govern.
For a TTW development interface like the ZMI, however, identifiers and
paths where surfaced in the UI should be pristine.

--
jean@upfrontsystems.co.za