[Zope3-dev] Proposal: Improving on __implements__

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:35:12 -0500

At 01:14 PM 1/19/03 -0700, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>I'm -0 leaning to -1 on this proposal.  I think it adds too much new
>vocabulary to Zope 3 that is probably only needed by people who are sick
>of typing __ or who need the really really fine grained power that most
>developers don't.

Actually, the goal of the proposal (if I understand it correctly) is to
stop people from assuming that they are "allowed" to inspect __implements__
to find out what something implements.

As I mentioned previously, I'm +1 on that goal, but only +0 at best on all
the approaches discussed so far.