[Zope3-dev] Package is the wrong name for the things I called "Zope Packages".

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:34:18 +0000

Oops, premature sending.  Who put the "backspace" key so close to the
"enter" key ;-)

seb bacon wrote:
> I wonder if the word 'persistent' is a scary word.  Imagine you come to
> the world of programming through Zope.  What is a persistent module? One
> which just won't give up?

"Zope module" sounds intuitive to me.  "Zope package" for a namespace
mechanism less so.  Uhh... "Zope namespace" ?

>> I suspect that the things currently called "closed Zope packages" (use C)
>> should have an entirely different name from the things currently called
>> "open zope packages" (uses A and B). I'm inclined to think that the name
>> for uses A and B should involve the word "folder", although I haven't
>> thought
>> of great modifiers.

What about reusing the "Product" word?  It already has a meaning for
thousands of Zope users.

A, B = "Zope Product Workspaces"
C = "Zope Product Bundle"
?