[Zope3-dev] Package is the wrong name for the things I called "Zope Packages".

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:56:50 -0500

seb bacon wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>> seb bacon wrote:
>

>> As I understand it, when end users install a collection of software,
>> they don't get a 'C', they get a 'B'.  In that light, should 'B' be
>> called a "closed workspace"?  Do we want to emphasize the user's
>> ability to change the collection of software?
>

> I don't like 'closed workspace,' though I'm not sure why.

Because it's an oxymoron.

 > But I *do*
> like 'workspace' generally.

Me too. I like "folder" too.

 > I don't see a need to emphasise the fact
> that you can customize the software collection, because in most
> applications for most people, they will install a "bundle" and customise
> it using a customised UI, I would think.

Right. In fact, "opening a closed workspace" is a pretty weird edge
case. We can provide a mechanmism to support it, but it should not affect
the basic conceptual model.

> Why do we need to 'close' a workspace at all?

I suggest we create a bundle from a workspace.