[Zope3-dev] TextIndex browser view

sean.bowman@acm.org sean.bowman@acm.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:52:37 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I'm figuring out how the TextIndex stuff works in order to work on some
other index types.  So, I added a Text Index to the default package.
When I try to go to its control.html view, though, I get this exception:

2003-01-21T19:48:25 ERROR SiteError
http://localhost:8080/++etc++Services/Packages/default/indexer/@@control.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/www/zope/Zope3/src/zope/publisher/publish.py", line 129, in
publish
    object = request.traverse(object)
  File "/www/zope/Zope3/src/zope/publisher/browser.py", line 629, in
traverse
    ob = super(BrowserRequest, self).traverse(ob)
  File "/www/zope/Zope3/src/zope/publisher/http.py", line 435, in traverse
    ob = super(HTTPRequest, self).traverse(object)
  File "/www/zope/Zope3/src/zope/publisher/base.py", line 226, in traverse
    subobject = publication.traverseName(
  File "/www/zope/Zope3/src/zope/app/publication/publicationtraverse.py",
line 78, in traverseName
    ob2 = adapter.publishTraverse(request, nm)
  File "/www/zope/Zope3/src/zope/app/publication/traversers.py", line 47,
in publishTraverse
    raise NotFound(ob, name)
NotFound: Object: <security proxied control.html instance at 0x8a891d4>,
name: u'index.html'

This happens when I visit 'Packages/default/indexer/control.html' and
'Packages/default/indexer/@@control.html'.  I've tried all manner of
different directives in zope/app/browser/index/text/configure.zcml, I
tried putting the page in an attribute of the view, but every time I get
more or less the same error.  The error goes away if I delete the 'class'
attribute of the browser:view element, but I can't query the index (since
querying uses methods of the view class).

Does anybody have an idea of what's going on?

thanks,
Sean