[Zope3-dev] Event service should adapt to ISubscriber

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:26:40 +0100

In article <3E304589.7080601@cat-box.net> you write:
> I'd also like to make ISubscribingAware something that can be adapted
> to, rather than the current situation where it has to be implemented by
> the object being subscribed to an event service.

I don't understand that area all that well, but isn't it the same
pattern than the one we're having with IAnnotations and IAnnotatable ?

An object that is IAnnotatable promises that there is an adapter
adapting it to IAnnotations.

An object that is ISubscribingAware promises that there is an adapter
adapting it to ISubscriber.

Or am I confusing things?

Florent