[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Roadmap thoughts

Tom Deprez tom@aragne.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:30:37 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Tom Deprez wrote:

>> And the transition of Zope2.0 to Zope3 should be as smooth as
>> possible. I'm afraid that this is something very important (perhaps
>> not in the eyes of developers, but through other eyes it certainly
>> is)
>
> I don't know why you would think that this isn't important to
> developers.

Well, I don't mean *all* the developers. But there are developers which find
a smooth transition not that important. Mostly because they are fixed to
what great things the new version can do (normal, because they programmed
it), and thus sometimes think that a sacrafice is justified. Sometimes they
also have the saying: 'If you don't want to move to the new version, you
also don't need the new functionality, so case closed'. I didn't mean that
*all* developers have these ideas.

Tom.