[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 Roadmap thoughts

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:27:25 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:
> >Does anyone agree, or will I be in a mailing list on my own?
>
> I agree. I think it's a great idea.  I'll sign up.
>
> I think that this discussion can deal with possible migration strategies
> at a high level. I doubt that there will be much band width *in the near
> term*
> to actually work out any technical details.

Right now the best thing to happen is actually for a strong signal
to come that:

  * Migration strategies are considered extremely important by the
    Powers that Be (ZC, community).

  * A lot of attention is being paid to it and will be in the future.

No matter what we can actually do at this stage, this will put a lot
of people's minds at rest. Mother will take care of you.

Of course it is extremly complicated in the details, but that's the political
signal we should send out. The only risk would be that someone in some out
of the way place like the Netherlands or whatever will suddenly pop up for
the first time on the zope mailing list and whine very loudly "But you SAID
migration would be flawless!!".

Regards,

Martijn