[Zope3-dev] Re: addforms - ordering issue

R. David Murray rdmurray+dated+1057504831.715ec4@bitdance.com
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:20:27 -0400

Gary Poster <gary@zope.com>:

>I don't think I'd want to remove it--in the name of allowing people to
>be super-explicit--but Amen (i.e., +1 :-) to making set_before_add the
>default.  That I have to specify all of my fields in set_before_add in
>all of my addform zcml is an annoying dead chicken in my book.
>
>Didn't Steve have something against this though?  I think I brought up
>something vaguely similar a few weeks ago...but I cleaned out all my old
>Zope 3 emails...

I just read that thread whlie I was catching up on this list.
I think Steve was addressing the issue of whether or not
the add event could come after the set_after_add, and saying
no.  I don't think he had any comment one way or another about
making set_before_add the default.

+1 from me, too.

--RDM