[Zope3-dev] Zope3 and the ZODB

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
01 Jul 2003 12:39:46 -0400

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 06:52, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> > > Will the API be more like that of ZODB 3.2 or will it be more like
> > > that of ZODB 4?
> >
> > I expect it will be like the ZODB 3.2 API, which is why we are calling
> > it 3.3 and not 4.0.  The goal is to make the minumum number of changes
> > possible to allow Persistent to be a new-style class.
>
> Is there a version of this in CVS somewhere? I keep asking these
> questions as I'd like to develop Forest against a version of ZODB that allows
> new-style classes and is in the main line of current ZODB development...

Not yet.  The closest we have is a version that compiles and segfaults
immediately in my working directory.  I'd check that in, but suspect it
won't get you very far <wink>.

We'll follow the normal Zope policy of working in the public CVS,
probably on a branch.  (Tim loves long-lived branches.)  We just haven't
done much yet.

Jeremy