[Zope3-dev] Re: Dependencie-handling

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp@weitershausen.de
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:26:36 -0500

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> There might be other solutions to the interface distribution issue,
> but creating a direct association between interfaces and URIs just
> seems like a great idea to me. *shrug*

Martijn and I basically had the same idea when we implemented XML Schema
interfaces at the LLN sprint. See
http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/src/zope/app/xml/README.txt?rev=HEAD (this
corresponds very much with Jean Jordaan's reply, too).

At the sprint, Martijn kept joking about how dotted names really are
abbreviated URIs (like: a web browser understands the abbreviation
www.zope.org and expands it to the URI http://www.zope.org). Now that
you mention this direct association between interfaces and URIs, it
doesn't seem that far fetched anymore, does it?

This calls for a proposal. If Marcus could provide a well defined
UseCase, then maybe we (Shane and I) could write something up?

Phil