[Zope3-dev] class lifecycle management/missing attributes

Peter Simmons pete@bcmpweb.com
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:02:08 +1200

Hi,

>I'm not rejecting that option -- just curious as to the alternatives.

Yeah fair call always good to investigate I suppose.

>In some environments, there is no good opportunity to perform these
>upgrades -- 24/7 and all that.

I have seen this as a req before but upon investigation there usually at
least is a period of very low use.

>Is there a facility to quickly track down objects of a particular class
>in the ZODB? It would seem invaluable to be able to perform operations
>on a set of objects based on class. For obvious reasons, this sort of
>thing is taken for granted in RDBs.

The only thing I know of is to use a ZCatalog.

This relys on you knowing where your class is used to a degree and also
having a ZCatalog setup that indexes the instances (and the meta type)
although that is likely as it is very useful functionality wise.

cheers,
Pete