[Zope3-dev] class lifecycle management/missing attributes

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:19:23 +0300

(Apologies if you receive this twice. My ISP has been having trouble
sending email.)

> The usual modes in Zope2 are to use a recursive container walk (using
> 'objectValues') or to use a catalog search.  In Zope3, one might just
> iterate over the objects in the objectHub, looking for the instances
> whose '__class__' matched the upgraded one.  To optimize such searches,
> I would try wiring up FieldIndex on the '__module__' and '__name__' of
> the instance's '__class__'.

This kind of thing has been discussed before on zodb-dev. Maybe this is
best handled at the ZODB level, iterating through all of the pickles and
updating those objects of a particular class.

IIRC, someone posted a script that does this.

--
Steve Alexander