[Zope3-dev] Newbie to Version 3

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:23:15 -0400

Hi Joseph,

On Friday 04 July 2003 11:56, Joseph Griffin wrote:
> 1)Are the OpenOffice Tutorial slides for Zope3 the only available format?

Yes.

> 2)Has someone developed an object model by grepping through the code yet?
> It's not that I'm lazy, but if its already been done, it would be helpful.

Object model? Do you mean UML diagrams or API docs? We do not have anything
like that yet, other than the Introspector in the Zope 3 Web GUI itself.
Having a sensible API reference for a component framework is a bit harder to
do than for plain object-based code.

> 3)How stable is the code? It I put a lot of time into understanding the
> present software design, will it change a great deal by March 04?

The code is fairly stable and some of us develop code based on it; i.e. we
have several products; see http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/Zope3Products

> 4)Suggestions are *always* appreciated.

You should definitely have a close read of the Zope 3 wiki pages at
http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/

There exists an extended Documentation section with links to all of the
available docs, including the tutorial and the DevelCookbook, which also
already contains quiet a good amount of information (though most of the
chapters are in outline form only at this point).

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter