[Zope3-dev] Object Hub does not receive important events

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:20:23 -0400

Hi Gary,

I was just trying to test the text index by having it filled using the
ObjectHub and a Registration subscriber. After I figured out that the service
name "EventSubscription" changed to "Subscription" (see checkins), I got the
Registration subscriber to work and was able to add new objects to the hub
and therefore to the index.

Then however, I tried to modify and delete objects, but the
ObjectModifiedEvent and ObjectRemovedEvent are not being forwarded to the
Object Hub, so nothing happens.

As far as I can tell, there are two possible ways of fixing this:

  1. Subscribe the object hub directly to the two events.

  2. Have the Registration subscriber handle the two events.

If I visualize the design correctly in my head, I think option 2 would be the
correct one, since it seems to me that the "Registration subscriber" is
responsible for automatically managing the hub based on events.

Please let me know, if I am totally off base. It would be great if you could
hop in to IRC for a moment later today!

Thanks!

Regards,
Stephan